“Early in the 1920’s, Rev. Forrest had a visitor from Cuba, Rev. B.G. Lavistida, who was a Presbyterian Cuban missionary. His wife was from New England, where some time before she had met Rev. Forrest. They wanted their boy to attend school in the states, and Rev. Lavistida had come to Toccoa Falls Institute to see about his enrollment. The acceptance of this lad as a student opened the doors of the school to another group of people–Cubans. At that time, Rev. Lavistida, who became the head of a school at Placetas, Cuba, began sending more students to the Institute.