April 8 & 9, 1930Evelyn Forrest's Trip to Palestine
The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine
Tuesday, April 8, 1930
Richard arose and put up the shades saying, “It is daylight and must be 7:00 o’ clock; time to get up. It was just 5:10 a.m. I slept a little more and he finally went to sleep. I was up and partly dressed before he awoke.
8:00 a.m. Had a good breakfast in our room. Richard went to mail the films while I packed.
10:15 a.m. We left the hotel and our beautiful rose room in a taxi . . . . Yes, they are going on the same boat with us their baggage is already on the dock.
12:00 noon The [S.S.] Champollion pulled away from the dock and at last we are off for Jerusalem. Praise the Lord! Have met several of the members of Aimee’s party. Lunch and dinner both on boat. The food is fine.
Wednesday, April 9, 1930
9:00 a.m. Breakfast in our cabin. Then we rested and visited. Have about decided to go home by New York City instead of sailing direct to Canada. The captain tells us we are going out of the ship’s regular course today in order to stop at Bizerte, Tunis for 500 French troops. We arrived there about 6:00 p.m. and remained until 8:00 p.m. Richard went ashore and drove over the city, purchased some post cards and carnations for me.
This going out of our regular course and stop will delay us a whole day in reaching Alexandria and Cairo. I am so sorry for our time in Jerusalem is so limited. Will not reach Cairo unto 3:15 p.m. Sunday.
- April 5, 6 & 7, 1930 The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine Saturday, April...
- April 17 & 18, 1930 The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine Thursday, April...
- April 19, 1930 The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine Saturday, April...
- April 22, 1930 The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine Tuesday April...
- April 23 & 24, 1930 The Diary of Evelyn Forrest’s Trip to Palestine Wednesday, April...